Sammy wants you to be happy. She’s an expert at being happy. Most golden retrievers are. She’s lived a long happy life and, if you listen carefully, you can t0o.
- Be thankful. Humans have a hard time being thankful. We always want more. Sammy is thankful for the smallest things like a pat on the head, a walk or, especially, food. Take time each day to list 10 things your thankful for. It will change how you approach each day.
- Have fun. Dogs naturally do. Sammy is always ready to play. Are you? Having fun, relaxes us and helps us keep things in perspective. Have fun everyday.
- Stay connected. Dogs run in packs and you should too. It is lonely being alone. Like dogs, you were meant to share life with those around you. Like Sammy, say hi to strangers you met. Be open to connecting with others.
- Lend a helping hand. Sammy always senses when someone is sad and is quick to give a lick. If you focus on helping (not licking) others, you’re sure to be happier too.
- Sleep. Dogs love to and for good reason. Sleep is good for your soul. Get your eight hours so you can be fresh for each day’s adventure.
Do this five things and you’ll be happier. Sammy guarantees it.
Send me a tweet Tweet to @roger_whitney and share your tips on being happy.