Are you thinking of retiring to a different state? My wife and I talk about. I’ve heard Franklin, Tennessee is amazing, but my wife wants nothing to do with winter. If your family is considering retiring to a different state, there are some important planning items to consider. To help you, I’ve added a new worksheet to the Retirement Answer Library titled Retiring to a Different State.
It provides tips such as:
- Visit the location during different seasons
- Make an extended trial visit (at least 2 months)
- Subscribe to the local paper
- Check out the healthcare system
- Understand the tax and estate laws of the state
- And more
The worksheet can be found in the LIVE section of the Retirement Answer Library. Click the fancy button for free access to the entire library.