It’s easier than ever to become a terrible husband. Our connected world has caused the outside world of news, work and friends to compete for the limited attention we have when we’re at home. If you’re not careful, e-mails, status updates and the internet can rob your wife of her rightful place as the center of your life.
This year my wife and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I’m happy to say our relationship has never been stronger. This wasn’t always so. For much of our marriage, I was a terrible husband. I allowed the pressures of work and the outside world to dominate my attention at the expense of my wife. Luckily, I woke up, got my priorities straight and can now say we have an awesome marriage.
I want this for you, too.
In this week’s episode, Nick Pavlidis shares his journey from terrible husband to husbandly awesomeness. (He wouldn’t say this, but I will.) We discuss:
- Signs you could be a terrible husband.
- The importance of taking inventory of your actions and priorities.
- How to apply workplace leadership skills at home.
- Ways to make your wife your top priority.
- Why it all starts with you.
- How to walk your talk.
- The benefits of investing in your marriage.
- The magic of continually asking yourself, “What is the next right thing?”
Join Nick in Becoming a Better Husband
Nick is, admittedly, a work in progress. If you’d like to join him on his journey towards being more intentional in marriage, here’s how:
- Read Nick’s new book Confessions of a Terrible Husband: Lessons Learned from a Lumpy Couch.
- Listen to his podcast.
- Connect with him via:
What is your best advice for improving your relationship with your spouse?
Tell me here
[arrows style=”arrow-5-2.png” align=”left”]