If you work for a company, you’re a cog in the machine. You’re a replaceable part, easily eliminated or replaced if it suits the needs of the company. Sorry to be so blunt. I’m not trying to hurt your feelings. It’s just important you accept this if you’re going to thrive in the years ahead.
Marc Miller is the founder of Career Pivot which helps Baby Boomers design careers they can grow into for the next 30 years. Miller authored the book “Repurpose Your Career: A Practical Guide for Baby Boomers.” You can follow Miller on Twitter or Facebook.
In this episode we discuss:
- What to do when you’re offered a buyout
- What is negotiable
- How to evaluate a buyout package
- How to maintain your professional network
- The loss of the “social contract”
- The freelance economy
- Why everyone is an entrepreneur