Working during retirement could be the best thing you do to find meaning, stay healthy and earn money while doing what you love.
In her book, Second-Act Careers: 50 Ways to Profit from Your Passions During Semi-Retirement, Nancy Collamer has created a great resource for anyone wanting to take their passion and earn income from it during retirement.
Nancy Collamer is a speaker, career coach, and author who writes a semi-monthly career column for NextAvenue.org (PBS) and Forbes.com. Her home on the internet is mylifestylecareer.com.
In This Podcast We Discuss:
- Why second-act careers are a second chance to do what you love
- How Baby Boomers will change the concept of retirement
- Why it is important to fill your days with meaning
- How to blend your passion and work to live more fully during retirement
- How part-time income during retirement can allow you to retire earlier
- How to take things you love (like travel) and make money doing it during retirement
- How to test drive retirement work options before committing
- Examples of others that are doing what they love during retirement and earning an income
- Common mistakes retirees make with second-act careers
Also, 4 Reasons You Should Completely Ignore Extreme Market Predictions
Want access to the free Retirement Answer Library?
Last week, I introduced a great resource to help you find the answer to your retirement questions.
The Library includes worksheets and checklists to help you plan for and live in retirement. Each month new resources are added based on client and reader questions. Together we can build a library to Plan Well and Invest Wisely for retirement.
- My Lifestyle Career website
- Second-Act Careers: 50 Ways to Profit from Your Passions During Semi-Retirement, by Nancy Collamer
- The Retirement Answer Library
- Nextavenue.org, online magazine for people over 50