Hi, I’m Roger Whitney (affectionately known as the Retirement Answer Man) and I come to work every day because I want to solve the biggest problem in wealth management and retirement planning. Everyone is guessing. People don’t know what to invest in or how much they need to save. Most people don’t even know that it’s possible to enjoy life today and still prepare for a terrific retirement.
Throughout the history of financial planning, people used data to make more informed decisions. There’s nothing wrong with data — after all, numbers are important. But most retirement planning reduces the human life to a math problem. That leaves you with very few (and unappealing) options: save more, sacrifice more, settle for less.
My mission is to make wealth management and retirement planning more transparent. I want to make sure you know what options are available to you, at whatever stage of planning you’re in (not just the top 5%). You’ve worked hard for your money, and your money should work just as hard for you.
My Top Posts
I regularly publish expert content on wealth management and retirement planning. Here are my top posts:
- Create a better life with Agile Retirement Management
- Don’t be fooled by Paint-by-Numbers Retirement
- The Problem with Retirement Planning and How to Fix It
Top Ranked Podcast, The Retirement Answer Man
My free podcast is dedicated to helping you dream up, plan for, and work towards your ideal retirement. Winner of the 2015 PLUTUS award for Best Retirement Focused Podcast, this show shares practical, down-to-earth lessons on how to work towards your idea retirement.
Growing up my mother was always worried about the future. There was always this cloud of unsettledness and fear hanging over us. She lived her life saving more, sacrificing more, and settling for less — all in hopes that one day she would have the freedom and margin to pursue what she really cared about: activities, her family, her schedule.
Unfortunately, Mom passed away at 48 years old. She never got to experience that freedom and margin. In fact, she spent a lot of her life living less of a life. It’s tragic, but I see this kind of thing happen a lot. People get injured. They get cancer. Life is short, and yet I see so many people plod on towards that “one day” all while living less of a life today.
- They have no idea what’s possible for their retirement, so they just keep on working
- They “over-correct” and don’t enjoy today
- They feel resigned to their fate, like they’re screwed and all they can do is work
- They’re not sure they’ll ever leave the rat race
- They feed on the bad news the media tells them, “You’ll live too long and never have enough for retirement!”
Life is a journey. You should balance it. Enjoy it, rather than feel like you’re marching up a mountain.
No More Random Acts of Retirement, Please.
We advise people at every stage of retirement planning because we’ve worked with over 1,000 clients over 25 years.
We know what works and what doesn’t, and we’re not afraid to tell you when we think you’re wrong. We’ll even go so far as telling you why your numbers are lying to you — and why you are the cause! (We’re a bit contrarian.)
But here’s the bottom line: we absolutely, unabashedly love our clients … and we’re so excited to work with them because we’re great at what we do: implementing sound strategies to make your money work for you so you can enjoy life today and still retire with confidence.
Our responsibility is to help you get out of the rat race earlier, gain more margin in your life, and be the trusted guide and ally that keeps watch over your assets so that you don’t have to think about them. You don’t need to live less of a life, or spend another day living as if you don’t have a choice.
- Gain the courage to leave your corporate job if it drains the life out of you
- Maximize your current savings and create a realistic plan for your future
- Determine what you want and need your retirement money for
- Create a plan to pay off your mortgage in just a few years
- Develop an income stream from multiple sources
- Become an investor
- Generate ideas for continued earnings by considering your unique skills and interests; and find extra inspiration by reading real-life retirement success stories
- Stop managing the day-to-day. Have someone who reports to you about your assets, not the other way around.
So, how do you go from where you are today to living a full life while still preparing for retirement? How can you position yourself for success tomorrow and beyond?
That’s the huge gap that Agile Retirement Management fills: that actual “implement the right solution and partner with you over time” gap. ARM focuses on managing change rather than predicting the future. It will give you flexibility and hope when challenges arise. That’s the core of what we do. We’re passionate about our clients.
Work with us and you’ll gain an ally who maps works with you to map out a strategy for your retirement. Then, if you want, we can even implement and hold you accountable to those strategies for you.
Nothing compares to the joy and relief you will feel when you find your way from financial despair to a fulfilling future, and enjoy retirement in a way that works for YOU.